Cloud Support Engineer
We are excited to be hiring a Cloud Support Engineer. This is a new role within the company and supported by the wider IT group and business management team, you will be given the freedom and autonomy to develop Everoze’s IT systems. Everoze utilises a cloud-only infrastructure, primarily focused on M365. We are transitioning to modern device management and looking to enhance the company’s approach to cyber security.
Salary: A competitive salary related to your experience, plus pension, annual profit share and a route into company ownership
Training / professional development: You will be supported to pursue appropriate training / development
Deadline for applications: 30th November 2023
Location: Bristol / remote
Hours: Normal office hours with a healthy level of flexibility. Preference for 5 days per week but will consider candidates who would prefer part-time with a minimum of 3 days per week.
What you will be doing
- Have overall responsibility for Everoze’s internal IT infrastructure
- Provide day-to-day IT support to team members in collaboration with our 3rd party provider
- Manage and maintain Everoze’s cloud infrastructure
- Manage third-party IT providers against key service level agreements
- Instigate our cyber security continuous improvement programme, with the objective of obtaining then maintaining Cyber Essentials certification
- Opportunity to support renewable consultancy work / analysis / tool development
What We offer
We are owned by the employees and offer a route into ownership for all new staff.
A flexible approach: We believe that a strong and healthy work life needs a strong a healthy home life. We encourage flexible working practices for all to be there for the kids’ swim lessons, a favourite hobby or learning new skills. Many of our partners work part time or adopt other flexible ways of working to achieve this balance within our self-managed structure.
A fast-growth environment: We set up shop with 6 partners in September 2015. Now we’re 80 strong and counting, based across the UK, France, Spain, Australia & Singapore.
The flattest of flat organisations: Let’s be upfront: if you thrive on hierarchy and structure, Everoze isn’t the company for you. But if you are looking for a work environment where the strength of your ideas are valued as much as your years of experience, then welcome home. You’ll be given the freedom and autonomy to shape your own career; it’s not for everyone, and with freedom comes responsibility – but we sure enjoy the buzz of owning our own careers.
Fostering entrepreneurship: If you have a good idea for a new business area, we empower you to follow it. OK, lots of companies say that, right? Well, many of our staff are actively involved in new ventures which have led to creating new companies or lines of work. We’re serious about this and we have systems for selecting new opportunities and a budget for investing in them.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements
- Proven experience configuring Microsoft 365
- An understanding of Microsoft licensing and features available
- A good understanding of IT security and the tools and services available on the market
- Able to evidence where you have implemented cloud services previously
- Experience of troubleshooting desktop support issues
- Experience of interfacing / managing third parties
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently
Nice-to-haves, any of the following
- Relevant certifications from Microsoft 365
- Awareness of Change and Release processes
- Experience of scripting / automation (Powershell, Microsoft APIs)
We understand that some great applicants may not excel across all of the above criteria. We are willing to support people who have a great fit with the Everoze culture, who are passionate about what we do, and who have great strengths in a sub-set of the above fields. If you love the role and can demonstrate your ability to apply your strengths and adapt to new fields, we encourage you to apply
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality
- You are excited to work in an open, non-hierarchical environment
- You are self-motivated and will take advantage of the autonomy to shape your own career
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better
- You are comfortable being either a project manager or a team member
How to apply
Everoze embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. For this reason we are only accepting applications for this position made through the BeApplied platform which is designed to avoid any unconscious bias. You will be asked to answer 3-5 short questions designed to give you the opportunity to demonstrate the core skills we are looking for. These will be reviewed anonymously, before reviewing your CV, your details or even your name, and the highest scoring applicants will be invited for interview.
To make an application please follow this link: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/oowsvwbno5